Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chipotle Pepper Marinade for Chicken

I am a spice lover all the way.  I would add spice to every dinner if my hubby wasn't the complete opposite.  He is getting better though, and is slowly making his way to the spicy side of life-so happy!  I am kinda weird, I'll admit, I like when food is so spicy it makes your mouth burn.  I just keep eating, my favorite is the HOT salsa at Mexican restaurants.  It makes me down a glass of water while I am eating it, but I can't stop.  SO GOOD.  Chipotle Peppers are HOT, and when they are in Adobo Sauce they are amazing.  Such a nice smoky flavor, it is delicious.  When I made this marinade to put over chicken, I was hoping the spice would calm down a bit for my Husband, and it did!  This is such a great marinade, I can't wait to make it again!  This is still spicy for all of you spice haters out there, so beware! Delicious though! 
OH MY GOODNESS I want more...



Prep Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: let sit in refrigerator for AT LEAST an hour(I let mine sit for 4 hours)
Servings:  enough marinade for 3 chicken breasts
Difficulty: Easy

Chipotle Pepper Marinade for Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce-seeds removed
  • 2 Tbls Adobo Sauce(from the can)
  • 1/8 tsp Black Pepper(or more-up to you)
  • ½ tsp Salt
  • ¼ tsp Cumin
  • ½ tsp Dried Oregano
  • 3 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
  • ¼ cup Red Onion, chopped
  • 2-3 Tbls Olive Oil
  • 3 Chicken Breasts(stabbed with a fork to let marinade do it's magic)(chicken strips or tenders would be fine too)

Preparation:
Add the first 8 ingredients to your food processor.



Pulse until smooth.  While you are pulsing slowly add in the Olive Oil until it becomes a good consistency.


Place chicken in a ziploc bag, and pour marinade over top.  Close bag, and move chicken around to make sure it is covered in sauce.  Place in refrigerator, and let sit for a good amount of time.  I let mine sit for 4 hours, and it turned out awesome.


I cooked our chicken on the briquette barbecue for that charbroil flavor.  YUM.  I am trying to replicate Qdoba's chicken remember??? I came darn close!  This was as close as I can get, and I am very happy with it! Try it, it is amazing.


Have a great day!
~Ashleigh


7 comments:

  1. Food processor huh?looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashleigh! Made it last night and in the end my quesadillas do taste like Qdoba's; thanks a bunch!

    Things I tweaked tho:
    -added less garlic
    -added lime juice & orange juice
    -used chipotle powder.

    I think the adobo that I found wasn't the right kind; is it supposed to be liquidy or kinda chalky? (mine was chalky)

    Thanks again!

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  3. How might I cook this in the oven??

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delicious for chicken tacos and burritos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fantastic! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Ashleigh! I made this last night - and it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello.. My chicken is marinating. Looking forward to trying this! Question: I don't have a grill...is it possible to stir fry?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!