Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice

Anyone else out there a white rice lover?? I totally am.  I just love the stuff.  I tend to eat brown rice more often though, even though white tastes so much better. :)  We have a favorite burrito place in our town called Qdoba Mexican Grill, and from what I have seen around the blog world, I think it is just like a place called Chipotle's.  I need to look online for Chipotle's, and see where the closest one is, if it isn't too far, but I am guessing it is either near California, or East.  For now I will stick with Qdoba which is pretty much amazing.  I have tried to duplicate their naked burritos at home, and haven't come close to the flavor until a couple nights ago!  I will definitely be sharing the whole recipe with you, but I have to share all the recipes that lead up to it first!  Cilantro Lime Rice being the first one.  I LOVE Qdoba's rice, I literally eat it by the spoonful.  It is perfect, and the rice I made last night came REALLY close! Read on for this delicious recipe!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8
Difficulty: Easy


Cilantro Lime Rice
Ingredients:(easily halved)
  • 4 cups Water
  • 2 Tbls Butter(you can omit this if you would like)
  • 2 cups Long Grain White Rice
  • 1-2 tsp Lime Zest
  • 2 Tbls Fresh Lime Juice(or less-this ends up being quite limey :))
  • ¾-1 cup Chopped Cilantro
  • 1 tsp Salt(to taste)


Preparation:
Bring the water to a boil in a large pot, add butter and rice. Cover and reduce heat to low.  Cook for 20 minutes, until rice is done.

Meanwhile chop the Cilantro, grate the lime zest, and squeeze the lime.



Add the lime zest, lime juice and salt to the rice.  Stir together and serve! Perfect refreshing side dish!



Enjoy!  Come back soon to see this rice in my homemade Naked Burrito!
I changed up the original recipe I found on Allrecipes


2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!