Friday, January 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bars

First off let me just say that I do not have a final picture of this recipe...BOO I know, BUT I HAD to post this recipe because these bars are to die for, enough said. PLEASE take my word for it(without a picture) and make these, they are so good.

 I like my desert at night, not all the time, but most of the time.  I had some left over chocolate chips in the refrigerator and decided to whip up a batch of these, and boy am I glad I did.  These are definitely on my top ten "cookie" bars recipes.  Amazing.  Nothing goes together like chocolate and peanut butter right?!  I searched online and ran across this amazing recipe.  I shared these with family and they were a huge hit.  I know that next time I have a sweet tooth, this is what I will make until I am sick of them, which most likely wont happen.  My hubby fell in love with them also.  They are a perfect thick, chewy, chocolate, peanut butter, bar.  OH MY, take my word for it, and make these, you will love them too!


Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time:  22-30 minutes(original recipe says 22, I cooked mine for about 30)
Servings: A whole lot(makes a 9"x13" pan)
Difficulty: Easy

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Butter(2 sticks), softened
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
  • 1 cup White Sugar
  • 1 Tbls Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1¼ cups Creamy Peanut Butter(could use Chunky too)(I used Skippy Natural)
  • 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 2 cups Oats(I used ½ rolled oats, and  ½ quick oats)
  • 2 cups Chocolate Chips(I used half semi sweet, and half milk chocolate)

Preparation:
Pre heat oven to 350ยบ
Grease a 9inch by 13inch baking dish
In a large bowl cream the butter with an electric mixer, with brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla.

Add in the peanut butter and beat until combined.



Add in the eggs, and beat until combined


In a different bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and oats.  Stir to combine.


Slowly add to creamed mixture, and mix until combined.
Add in chocolate chips, and stir together.


Spread evenly into prepared pan.


Bake for at least 22 minutes.  The original recipe says to bake on the second from the bottom rack in your oven.  I was worried because the bottom was starting to get darker then I liked so I baked mine for most of the time on the middle rack.  I tested with a toothpick, and it needed longer than 22 minutes.  I baked mine for 30 and it came out perfectly.  You want the inside to be moist, but cooked, so don't over cook it.  It will be nice, soft, and chewy.  Perfect!
SO good! Next time I make these(and there will be a next time) I will update this post with a picture!
I found this amazing recipe by KittencalsKitchen on Food.com
Enjoy, and please make these!
My dog Zoei sure loves her sweets, I wonder who she got that from??? :)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy . grandma loves sweets, you both got it from me ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea that's for sure! You are the sweet tooth monster, and I'm not far behind! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!